Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Self portrait Wednesday..

Just for fun I decided to post some fun and funky self portraits that I've done in the last year or so. One is a rug hooked piece that I did for a show called "About Faces". I didn't get in the show, but my son who was 10 at the time did! He spent about 20 minutes on a fabric collage and I spent about 2 months-on and off. The show was at Westmont College Gallery and it was really great to have his piece in it-he was the youngest person there and got lots of good energy. ALso put in a fiber art piece with embroidery that was in Quilting Arts Magazine a couple of issues ago. Fun to do! And then there are 9 of the funny collage portraits that are part of an exchange later this month.We will each get a book of all our self-portraits--FUN!

No comments: