Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fun little things....



Last night I decided to make some little velvet fabric "beads" to use in our "Omiyage" class in April that I will co-teach with Wo at the Fibre ARts Design Studio in Ojai. These little beads dangle from the ends of the cords that gather the little gift bags and other fun things like pin cushions that we will make. Today I went and bought the cording and looked at whatever Japanese fabric was available locally. I have so much fabric at home that I decided to poke around and use what I have. Wo ordered a bunch of kimono fabric for us to play with and I can't wait to see what will be in our surprise bundle. Then I added a few touches to the trianlular pin cushion that I made on Monday while teaching a fabric clock class in Ojai. I also made a 4 sided pyramid pin cushion, but it still needs some help....
I put a tiny bundle of rice in the pin cushion to give it a little "weight"...and a few pieces of rice in the beads, too. The pin cushion is resting on a piece of felt that I made last year in a fun workshop with Barbara Carr and our rug hooking group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are on the same page Mary! I am making felt pincushions! I love your velvet beads too! I wish we lived closer so I could take your classes. Have a great time and weekend!

Debbie L