Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Tote and good Find...




I need to fill in at the Hardware Store for a few more days while some of the employees take vacation time off, so not getting as much art making time as before. However, I did almost finish this Tote for an exchange due July 31. I lined it with a vintage table cloth from my fabric stash. I also made a little cell phone holder and pin cushion (not in photo) as extras and will look for more stuff to put inside for fun. I think I will do a little more embellishing before sending it off. My other thought was to make entirely NEW one as I made some mistakes on this one....not using a pattern so some squares didn't match, among other things.


I thought this bird cage was a "good find" at the thrift store a while back.I have it sitting on the porch at the front of our house. I put one of those crows from the craft store inside. One day I saw some real crows looking inside at the fake crow!Probably trying to figure out how to liberate him...

2 comments:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Mary, that toe is so fun!! It's just so YOU! It's great! Well done!! Your partner is going to love it!

Syd said...

I love the tote. What a lucky person who gets it!