Sunday, September 16, 2007

Owl and Mushroom...




I managed to get this Owl finished up this morning and on the same piece of burlap is a mushroom that has been waiting to get stuffed for quite a while. Sometimes I put too many things on one piece of burlap to hook and then have trouble waiting to finish them all so I can complete the ones that are done.


And for Carla....the best wool for hooking is a nice 100 % skirt weight wool...and if buying new wool the Dorr wool is the one that most hookers prefer to work and dye with. I get most of my wool from Thrift stores....mostly skirts and sometimes sweaters will work...I wash it immediately when I get home and cut it up and sort it by color for future use. For my classes I will have some nice hand dyed Dorr wool and combine it with some fun textures and colors from my collection. If you have color preferences for your project email me and I will try and make sure to have what you want. Just let me know which class you are signed up for....

My son and husband just took off to play basketball...it is so nice and quiet....will have to see which project is calling to me...(besides housework!)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mary, I appreciate your info! I hit the thrift store today and scored some great finds! Hooking with a sweater, you felt it, then strip it? I'll wait until your class before I strip it in case you have some special tips.

Thanks again! Carla