Friday, April 11, 2008

More Artfest Images

Most of these images are from the Show and Tell event at the end of Artfest.
Wish I knew the names of the artists....but it was crowded and I just snapped photos as I walked along. Great colors and such variety...everyone did such beautiful work!

A woven book cover...
PMC bird pendant...
waxy layers class...Michelle Allen, my table partner...love her colors! the following are all from Anahata's classes..2 different ones, but they all caught my eye...







These are just a tiny peek at the incredible creations at ARtfest. the most wonderful part of Artfest is being with all the like minded souls. We were greeted with hugs by our house mates next door..Annie and her sister (with the fun hat and great outfits)...got to know Annie at Artfiberfest and found out we both were at UCSB at the same time. We had some of the same teachers but different classes this time. She made a great little shrine and a fun floor cloth and was all smiles at Show and Tell.
Got to spend a little time with Betsey and Sherri, the Bellingham girls. Loved their trades...hope we get to spend more creative time together soon...and there is always Artfiberfest coming up in October. Had a nice dinner chat with a lovely woman named Judy from Colorado. Her first time at Artfest and first time taking special art time for herself away from home. At our table was Susan Wooldridge..of course I read her book, Fool's Gold, as soon as Teesha recommended it. A fun and energetic woman and I loved meeting her. Got to see Marcia and Ty, once again...they sat behind me in Judy Wise's class...they always bring humor and keep me smiling.
Loved seeing Katie Kendrick again. She gave me the cutest softie with one of her painted faces that I love...and I just had to buy a print of her painting, "Naptime in the Forest"at vendor night. It is just the coziest soothing painting...once framed it will go in the bedroom next to Judy's work.
I am still processing all the warmth and love and creativity that is Artfest. I am so grateful to Teesha, Tracy and their families for making this happen every year. ....for gathering all of these wonderful teachers and students to share their gifts and special energy and taking chances on new teachers and techniques to further inspire our creativity in so many ways....Thank you from the bottom of my heart to one and all!!!

4 comments:

Syd said...

Thanks for the great AF trip post. I was soooo "jones-ing" for some pictures of the art ...not disappointed! Always amazing what the students create. Thanks!!

Syd

katie said...

i loved seeing you again too, Mary, even though the time was brief. (i will forever remember how you you helped me locate my room again :-) and the gorgeous piece you made for judy, so beautiful, so you.

Carla Sonheim said...

Mary, oh! you had such a good time I see! Just checking in to say "hi," and hoping you are WELL!!!!!

AndroidRub said...

Hello, today is the photo exhibition day in the world. I have created some wallpapers from good or famous images. I want you to enjoy it and evaluate a comment. For me, here is the list of five wallpapers I've edited:
Iron man wallpaper
Spider man wallpaper
Joker wallpaper
Skull wallpaper
beach wallpaper
If you want to find other images you like, you can go to this image link: https://colorwallpaper.net/

I really need your comments, these reviews will contribute to the global image.