Sunday, May 04, 2008

New bird, Tea pot, and mushrooms

Here's my latest hooked bird..made last night...I think I may give her striped legs like the one I made for Syd...with high heels...
And I think the "tea party" piece is finished. I hooked a couple of rows around the edge for fun..

And I was downtown Santa Barbara on Friday and saw these Giant mushrooms in the window of Pierre La Fond's and had to take a photo! I still love these red and white mushrooms....they remind me of Scandinavian fairy tales and gnomes and magical places.... And they look great as store window displays, too!
I took a quick look inside Anthropologie and came home with a couple of things! A new doormat with birds...couldn't resist...and we needed a new one anyway...and a plate by Nathalie Lete with mushrooms that I loved! The bird doormat would make a great design for rug hooking too....will try and get a photo tomorrow...

2 comments:

Mindy said...

so fun! and love your banner...really cool.

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

OK MZ. MARY... you are making ALL THESE wonderful TeaPots... I HOPE HOPE HOPE.. you are bring some for AFF... Hint Hint Hint..

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo