Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A few more San Francisco images...

Friday night outside our hotel..we took off walking to explore Chinatown and find House of Nanking for dinner.
Next morning we took the streetcar to the Ferry Building where the wonderful Farmer's Market is located.
I love handmade soap and bought a few bars from this vendor called Juniper Ridge. I got White Sage, California Bay Laurel, Western Juniper, and Sierra Cedar ...all organic and wildcrafted.
Lots of folks have breakfast from the vendors at the Farmer's market...this is one of the menus that greeted us. The best thing to do is look at peoples plates as they walk by and ask where they got it..that 's how we found the Primavera stand with the most delicious breakfast ...
complete with live saxaphone music by Garrick.....
Syd and I shared a plate of chiliquiles, black beans with fresh avocado on top! Half was just right, plus the blackberry mint iced tea....
Susan and Colleen shared this pluot galette.....yum!
Fresh basil and tomatoes, right off the truck..
Inside more delicacies.....mushrooms...so photogenic...


Mural on a woman's health building
more street art....
fuzzy photo.....
back over in Berkeley....Castle in the Air window
another window....
fiber dolls at art co-op.... and that's it for now.....

2 comments:

Deb's Artful Journey said...

OM goodness you were in my neck of the woods! I too saw the Frida show last Saturday... I would have LOVED to have bumped into you!!! (I rarely come to the City on the weekends since I work over here). We had pretty good weather last weekend & I do love that very chichi farmers market. How was the House of Nanking? I havent been there for years, but love that place!

Looking forward to seeing you at AFF!

Deb

ShabbySheep said...

Mary, thanks for sharing all the wonderful artwork with us. I would love to come to California. There must be Sooo many creative people living there. I love to look at all your pictures. You guys seem to be "looser" with your creativity than we do here in the midwest. We seem like more stick to the rules type people. Maybe it's the peaceful California living!!! Or maybe we need to loosen up!! Or maybe I need to get out more. LOL!