Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas at the Stanley's...

A few photos of the Holidays at our house. This manger scene has been in my family for many years. The figures were all hand carved in Italy and my father gave it to my mother before I was born. I loved to set it up when I was little and now my son, Justin does the same. He added the little Christmas tree in there. This year it is on our mantle, but it usually has its own place on a table.
Here is our funky Christmas tree....Justin and I decorated it one cold evening. It looks a little bit better now....I put a few more garlands and ornaments on after the photo.
A fun little Santa rug made by Marny Cardin.
I love this piece of painted folk art. It is hanging above the manger scene in the living room.
An odd collection of Santas and other friends. I didn't mean to start collecting Santas...it just sort of happened while the boys were little.
A sweet little gift box from Betsey....with an owl ornament inside....now a treasure.
I made stockings for the boys when they were little but I never had my own...so this was on sale at Pottery Barn and I had to have it..for me! Wonder if Santa will fill it????
Tomorrow we will head down to Dennis' family gathering in Los Angeles....expecting a huge crowd..like over a hundred! His mother is 85 and looks forward to seeing everyone and still buys us all a present! We drive through the Holiday Lights put up by the City in Griffith Park, have dinner, visit and open presents and head back home so we can wake up in our own house for Christmas.
Hope you all have a wonderful Holiday time with family and friends and stay cozy and warm! I'm off to the kitchen to bake my second batch of Christmas cookies.

3 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Merry Christmas, Mary. Warm hugs your way...
xo...

Tara

Morna Crites-Moore said...

I love your tree, Mary! Just the right amount of whimsey. I remember driving to a friend's house for Christmas Eve, when we lived in Los Gatos, and thinking how funny it was that people were out playing tennis! Now, it sounds pretty good! I must remember, "bloom where you are planted."

Merry Christmas!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Thanks for the Christmas stroll through your home Mary. Somehow I can never get enough of seeing the lovely handmade holiday treasures that gather in folks homes through the years. Personal history seeing the light of day for a time each year, then carefully wrapped and tucked away. And the unwrapping, when memories flood as each piece awakes. Joy.
Have a very Merry Christmas Magic Maker!