Thursday, December 04, 2008

A few more things....

I made a few more things to take to "Just folk"....a large mushroom made from vintage quilt pieces and two painted and stuffed owls. The mushroom stands about 10 " tall.
And then as I was doing inventory I realized that I'd only made 6 birds....so i quickly sewed up 6 more. They received 3 different coats of paint before I was satisfied, but I think they turned out OK.
And I made a tiny olive branch for the dove tree topper. I sewed it in place with black thread and now she looks complete.

6 comments:

debinsf said...

oh my, Mary! It's all so stunningly beautiful. I hope you'll take lots of photos of it in place. My imagination is running wild!

Morna Crites-Moore said...

I love the owls! Better not try eating that mushroom .....

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

So FUN. Birds and cats and dogs and pigs...oh my! Love 'em all. They will be the talk of the shop as will you.

Lori S-C said...

htey are so much better than okay! Love the wings on the doves! So uplifting!

Anonymous said...

Love the mushroom and those painted owls, they look so good together! I love mushrooms right now...

Anonymous said...

Oh...these are all so delightful.