Thursday, March 19, 2009

Where I live....

I decided to take my morning walk here at Arroyo Burro or Hendry's beach along with many others. It was a beautiful Spring day with temperatures in the 80's. I spotted dolphins jumping out of the water and a whale spouting.
This is a community mosaic project that is on display near the beach. Last year my son and I put a few pieces somewhere on it when it was being worked on at Art From Scrap. It's fun to see it all completed.
This is the other end of the mosaic.
And on the sidewalk, they have made a mosaic of the Channel Islands. I used to sail out there every weekend when we had a large sailboat..(150 foot two masted schooner)....
A cool rock wall made from beach rocks going up to an overlook of the ocean.
Still being worked on...more of the rock wall and stairs....
The Santa Barbara harbour with all its fishing and pleasure boats.
Had to go and take a look at this wonderful fountain made by Marge Dunlap from pieces donated from the community. It's called "It's Raining".... Marge made the faces and put it all together. One of my favorite art pieces in our city. It is right across from the Bird Refuge near the ocean.



This is the Bird Refuge....the ocean is right across the street and the SB zoo is to the right.
A little local color near the Bird Refuge...

3 comments:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

I so envy your seaside community, I'm surrounded by mountains...maybe someday.

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

What wonderful photos Mary! Really interesting to see the many faces of Santa Barbara. I've only been through SB twice, though I was born there. And have never been down to the water. Beautiful. Love the potters work. And that orange flower is pure heaven. Fun, fun, fun.

Tammy Burks said...

Since coming back from vacation at the beach I'm soooo envious....that seaside air is sooo wonderful! And the sound of the water...ahhhhhhhhhhh