Saturday, August 08, 2009

Stitching and hooking...

Pam Garrison inspired me to get back to work on my Sampler after I saw how wonderful hers was turning out. I have no idea what I am doing here...just stitching little pieces down and then I think I will do some embroidery later.
I kind of liked this little area with the heart....
And I managed to finish up this bird the other night.
And last night I decided to do a little hooking on the "Flowerbox" rug. It's coming along....still one big house to hook and a few flowers and then lots of background.

And a busy weekend....we have "fiesta" here in Santa Barbara-parades, dancing, food booths, crafts for sale, music in the sunken garden at the Courthouse downtown...and right now there is live music next door- a Barbeque fundraiser for our local Painted Cave Volunteer Fire Dept. and then another friend is having a pot luck Bonfire party this evening with folks I've known for 30 years or so. I made a chicken tortilla casserole that I made up as I went. Hope it tastes good-green chile enchilada sauce, sour cream, melted cheese on top....and then I made another one for my boys to eat at home. I can't seem to get them to go to any of the parties with me!

3 comments:

jude said...

i love your sampler. not knowing what you are doing is the best!

Lisa Kaus said...

This is wonderful- will you be selling this? i keep checking your etsy site looking for new goodies- maybe you could send me some photos of your newest treasures-
your fan
Lisa kaus

Anonymous said...

The sampler is beautiful. What size is it? And the bird I just love it. I am with Lisa - are you going to post these on Etsy?