Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New little owl...

Here's my new little owl all finished up and below when I completed the hooking.

Three little antique quilt houses, a bit larger and fancier than my other ones. The quilt fabric on the right ones dates back to the 1850's!
Added a few buttons before sending this one off to a friend.
And here is what I'm reading right now. I think I've read almost everything Barbara Kingsolver has written. This one is a bit slow going but interesting and about Frida and Diego so I read a little each night before lights out.
And Marie, could you send me your address please...I found a hooked heart that wants to go to you!

5 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

I always swoon over your houses! I have an old quilt from one of my grandmothers....thinking of making it into little houses to give to my relatives.....maybe for NEXT Christmas.

Marie said...

I love the antique houses and the fact that one has "stories/history".
The hooked owl is adorable. Frida Kahlo is one of my favorite artist.
I admire her perseverance. Oh! and I love Georgia O'keefe too. Got to see some of her work at the Shelburne Museum. Beautiful!

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Those houses are just darling! *loves*

Your owl reminds me of the Inuit renderings of owls. Very cool!

Happy holidays Mary! I may not comment alot, but I read your blog daily and you inspire me! xox

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Merry Christmas Mary! Hope the day is lovely and bright. Hugs, Chris

Lori S-C said...

Love your new stuff and just finished The Lacuna. It gets a little faster in the second half...and will get you thinking about the ending. Definitely worth reading.