Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A few new things...

Here's the funny new owl I hooked. I decided to give him some feet like he is standing on a branch. All my early owls had feet and I thought I'd go back and try it again.
There is something very funny and odd about this doll I started to hook the other night. I think her face will change when I fill it all in, but right now it makes me laugh when I look at it. I needed a break from all the woodland creatures I've been making and pulled this out of my pile of images that I've drawn onto burlap awaiting the right moment to get hooked up.
This is the second bunch of owls that I just finished up. Not sure where they are going right now, but it felt good to get them all stitched and ready to go.
I perched this little birdie in our jasmine vine that is blooming on our front porch right now.
Family news:
Our oldest son, Jason just got accepted to UCBerkeley and is so excited! He is going with his two best friends and plans to major in legal studies. So happy for him! And it will be fun to visit him up in No. Calif....lots of cool shops and restaurants to explore on our visits.

2 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

Love your little owlies. I don't think I have a fabric one yet...hmmmm.....

Congrats for your son. I know you will love your visits to Berkeley. It is awesome, I haven't been for so many years.

Seeing your rug hooked doll makes me want to hook again....

sukey said...

go CAl Bears!