Saturday, September 04, 2010

Little Hooked Houses

 This little hooked house now has its felt backing and wire hanger sewed on. Just might be a sample for the workshop that I am teaching next Spring at ARTFEST in Port Townsend, WA. I  am so happy to be teaching again and look forward to taking some fun classes as well. I will be teaching a rug hooking workshop called
"Little Hooked Houses" and below are some of the class samples that we will be doing. I like to call these little wall pieces "hooked house blessings". Hope you can join us at Artfest in 2011!

 

 l
 A funny Halloween cat box that I painted a while back...would make a good hooked cat face!

 
Summer reading....just finished the one on the left. A fun mystery taking place in fictional Port Townsend, WA. If you have been there it's a fun read-complete with ghosts and local color and history. While I was looking for "Haunting Jordan" I was drawn to the "Labyrinth" by Kate Mosse. Just started it last night and it looks like it will be a good end of summer read. There is mention of Carcassonne, France which was one of my favorite places we visited on a European trip I took with friends many years ago. Something mystical and magical remains in my memory from my visit....I sat in the centuries old chapel and thought of all the people who had been there before me and worshiped in that same place. I do love ancient mystical places and seem to be attracted to visit as many as I can while on my travels....( think Stonehenge, Machu Pichu, Teotihuacan)

Now we are off to the Sierras for a weekend trip...should be beautiful weather...hope to camp by a mountain stream...read some, sew a little, hike and just enjoy the mountains and trees...Back late Monday...hope you have a great weekend...and get some time for ART making!!!

6 comments:

Jenny Stevning said...

I am hooked on those CUTE houses!!

HollyM said...

I love the houses! I just wish that I lived closer to all these art fests.

Grace said...

I want to make some of those! So cute! Am I on your Christmas list?

Yael said...

Dear Mary, those little houses are adorable! I wish I could participate in your workshop! I would do it with pleasure! I wish you fun and success with teaching!!!
Hugs, Yael.

Kristin L said...

The houses have such cheerful colors. I like the black outlines and how it really makes the color pop!

She Who Doodles said...

i love the little houses. so bright and cheerful.