Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New owl....

 I have a new owl in the works...liking him so far. Our 70 degree weather has ended and we are expecting a rainy week, perfect for sitting by the fire and doing fiber art. And sorting wool and trying to clear off the table which still has the Christmas table cloth on it along with various other craft projects. I am hoping today will be the day I get it cleared off before I have to drive down the mountain to take my son to his guitar lesson. We also have our tree trimmer here today-giving the oaks some much needed grooming. Quite a few dead branches that threaten to fall on cars and other out buildings. So I am off to sorting and tossing and moving things around with my tea cup in hand.

This is part of our side yard. I saw Henry the cat looking over this direction and a squirrel was searching in the leaves for acorns. We have lots of these huge boulders that run across the property and are fun to climb on...especially for the cats and squirrels. Well, back to work!

8 comments:

Mary Welsh Hubbard said...

I like your owl too. Love all the colors in him.

HollyM said...

I so love your owls! I dream of having one someday.

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

a very thoughtful folky owl.
rainy up here too. Seems I'm getting alot more done!
j

Mary Stanley said...

thanks, everyone! I will keep you posted on Mr. Owl as he progresses.

Katie at Ever Sew Katie said...

Aww really like your owl. Also, how amazing is your garden! It looks all magical and fun to explore. Really jealous x

Marie said...

Great owl. Love your your backyard setting. Very tranquil : )
I heard a wood pecker this morning and a bird tweet
amongst all the snow we still have on the ground...there is hope for spring : )

Dori Patrick said...

Yes, your owls are wonderful!!

k.somerville said...

Great owl. What a sweet blog. I'm following :)