Thursday, June 23, 2011

Elephant herds...


 Getting ready for the 4th of July I managed to get two herds of cashmere elephants done. This is the first herd.The second herd is below...after the wooly cupcake display....




Punch is a fun store on State St. where Syd sells some of her art. We had a fun visit after picking up our dolls  at Indigo on Sunday. Plum Goods, another great store was another stop on our way to lunch.


 Just finished  book no. 7  in a 9 part series called "The Ringing Cedars" by  Vladimir Megre. One of my neighbors ordered the whole series and brings me a new book as soon as I finish reading one. Very interesting!


And just read this too....loaned from the same nice neighbor!

I have lots more works almost completed....wool doggies still need their ears sewn on, cloth owls are half painted, ethnic dollies need faces embroidered and I have about 8 small paintings to complete. And I just found out that I am invited to our local Farmer's Market and must bring crafts! Luckily I have a bunch of things completed to fill a small table and it is only from 9 to noon.
 Come visit if you are in the Painted Cave vicinity! Located at 4844 Ogram Rd. at Teddy and Laura's home.

6 comments:

grace said...

Whew! I'm tired just looking at all you have been doing!! Hope you have a great show(s)! Hugs!!!!

Peggy said...

Love the polka dot ears on the elephants.

Yael said...

I LOVE the elephants! So pretty Mary!!!
Have a nice weekend ahead!!!

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks, Ladies for your comments!
Back to work!

Marie said...

Those polka dot ear elephants are so much fun! And those crafty cupcakes are adorable. Love the fun shops near you. Have fun :)
<3

jude said...

elephants. great.